If you have never tried bodyboarding before then you are in for a real treat.
Here are some reasons why you should give bodyboarding a go:
- As you don’t need to stand up your progression will be much quicker than if you devoted the same amount of time to stand up surfing.
- As opposed to surfing if you get hit by the board you are far less likely to sustain any kind of injury.
- You can ride a greater variety of waves quicker on a bodyboard.
- Often people will catch green waves from out the back during their first lesson.
- The equipment is cheaper and less likely to break or need repairing than a surfboard.
- Flippers provide protection for your feet.
- As you paddle with your legs and arms you get a more effective all body work out.
- As you are lying down and closer to the wave you have a greater sensation of speed when riding the wave.
- There are three styles of bodyboard riding (prone, dropknee and stand up).
- Greater variety of manoeuvres than surfing.
- Enough challenges to keep you occupied for a lifetime.
Really, whatever you want to ride; nothing beats that beach lifestyle… Sand, surf, salt, amazing waterlife. It’s a sport where you never stop learning and it’s exciting because no wave is the same.